A Timeline of The Todd Organization
- 1957: John O. Todd, Sr. designs and sells the first Non-Qualified Executive Benefit Plan, now recognized as the beginning of the industry.
- 1969: The first Non-Qualified benefit plan utilizing COLI is sold to a large public company.
- 1970: The John O. Todd Organization is established.
- 1980: The Todd Organization makes history by implementing a NQDC plan using insurance at a large bank.
- 1986: Todd designs new products in response to the Tax Reform Act of 1986 (TRA 86), which puts severe restrictions on the deductibility of policy loan interest.
- 1996: Todd works with Congress and the Treasury to limit restrictions on COLI, saving this product and protecting tax-deferred inside build-up in life insurance.
- 1997: Bob Scharff serves as President of the AALU.
- 2003: With COLI under attack, leaders of Todd work with AALU to educate members of Congress at the committee level.
- 2005: Roger Sutton serves as President of the AALU.
- 2006: The Pension Protection Act of 2006 includes COLI best practice legislation. Leader of Todd and AALU meet with the country’s leaders and assist in drafting this legislation.
- 2008: Mike Corry serves as President of the AALU.
- 2009: Rich Devita serves as chairperson for the AALU Non-Qualified Plans Committee.
For more information on the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU) please click on their logo below.