As an Executive Benefits Consultant with The Todd Organization, Bob Scharff consults with companies of all sizes across the nation to develop the best possible executive benefits plan for each. Based on the goals of the company, he works with them to identify solutions that will build shareholder value by attracting, retaining and rewarding leaders.
A graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, he spent 3 ½ years as an officer in the United States Navy, which included serving as a River Patrol Squadron Leader in Vietnam from May 1968 to May 1969. Bob has over 35 years of experience in providing creative and innovative benefits solutions for companies. He is a frequent contributor to national publications on the subject of executive benefits and the uses of corporate-owned life insurance. His comments and articles have appeared in such publications as Forbes, Business Week, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Corporate Board, Compensation & Benefits Management, and The Journal of Compensation and Benefits.
Bob holds Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant designations from the American College. Additional designations and honors include:
- Past President, Association for Advanced Life Underwriting.
- Past President, The International Forum.
- Faculty Member, American Law Institute-American Bar Association.
- Past Chairman, Alumni Board of Governors, Washington University, St. Louis.
- Executive Committee, Opera Theatre of St. Louis.
- 1995 Distinguished Alumni Award